dns probe finished no internet error

Last night when I tried to get on google chrome I received an error message saying "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET" I've looked everywhere for a solution but most answers were specifically for windows 7 and windows xp. I have windows 8.1 and it currently updated the night before last night so I'm assuming it might have something to do with the update? I've tried just using a different browser but IE doesn't work either.
Answer
Answer

Last night when I tried to get on google chrome I received an error message saying "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET" I've looked everywhere for a solution but most answers were specifically for windows 7 and windows xp. I have windows 8.1 and it currently updated the night before last night so I'm assuming it might have something to do with the update? I've tried just using a different browser but IE doesn't work either.

Hi sarapolak,

If you believe the issue is related/corresponds with the update you can "restore your PC to an earlier point in time"

Before restoring you may find the below thread helpful.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-networking/no-internet-after-windows-81-update/a55cb50e-086d-474a-9f83-7da0a3855d0f?page=1

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 4, 2024 Views 13,211 Applies to: